3 Nights in Palestine

1st Night

On 1 rainy night, Qarish went online and browse to a website to chat, after a long, boisterous chat with some foreigners, oversea students, he noticed a name, ‘Help Us’. Just curious, he clicked the name and a chatbox window appeared. He greeted Help Us. ‘Hi there’, he said. ‘Hi’ Help Us replied. ‘I’ll help you’ Qarish said with a smiley. ‘Thanks, I’m Farah by the way. I’m 17’, Help Us introduced herself. ‘I see, so you’re a girl. I’m Qarish, an 18 year old student and I’m from Malaysia. Where are you from anyway and how can help you? Qarish hesitantly asked as he likes to know people. Farah then replied, ‘Oh so you’re from Malaysia, the one that aided us last week!’ Qarish was surprised. ‘Actually I’m from Palestine, and we are in the middle of war here, and your country is one of the countries around the world that help the victims here’ she added. Qarish was speechless; he is chatting with a girl that is facing with bombarded buildings and crying people around. He didn’t know what to type. Farah continued, ‘I know this sound persuasive, but you’re the only person who can accompany me right now. I’m afraid…can u please?’Qarish inhaled slowly, and then he started to ask what happened, and they had a good chat that night. Farah is hiding in her house. Her parents are injured and treated at the hospital at the moment. They got know each others, they even chat about their school lives and others. Farah felt ease a little bit as someone is willing to accompany her. But, out of the blue, Qarish read something, Farah wrote, ‘Qarish I’ve to go now, bye’. Qarish couldn’t even say goodbye.

2nd Night

‘I’m sorry I left in a rush yesterday’, Farah wrote. Qarish felt relieved, and glad, he asked, ‘What happened?’ ‘I heard gunshots last night; I’ve to hide. Sorry.’ Farah said. Qarish was immensely surprised, and worried as well, as if the incident happened to someone he cares a lot. He asked if Farah is okay and fortunately she’s fine. They chat again that night. Farah told him the misery the Palestinians are facing, gunshots are everywhere; crying is a norm, blood, debris and bombarded vehicles are all over the place. Qarish’s tears fell that night in front of his computer, thinking about the people suffering out there while he and peoples around him are living in comfort, Farah didn’t know he was crying. And again, all of a sudden, Farah wrote, ‘Qarish, there are explosions outside; I think it’s the tank. Wish us safe here. Please pray for our safety, bye’.

This time, Qarish went numb, he cried. ‘Wait! Don’t leave!’ There was no answer. On the keyboard, he cried. Tears fell vast on his cheeks. That night, he prayed all night and wish Farah, her family and all Palestinians are safe.

3rd Night

‘I’m glad you’re okay’ Qarish typed. Farah is still online. ‘I’m okay’ Farah said. ‘But my uncle and cousins died, they got heavily wounded because of the rockets last night. I’m scared!’ Farah added. From her words, he knows that she’s crying. ‘Your parents?’ Qarish asked. ‘They’re still okay. The hospital is unharmed. I’m visiting them everyday. I’m still hiding in my house right now.’ She type in smiling tears. There was a long pause then. Qarish asked a question, ‘Do you have a webcam?’. Farah said she does, and eventually turn it on along with the microphone. And there they saw each other. Farah is wearing a scarf; she’s in her room. It’s a small, tidy room, but cracked wall and a broken window spoilt the view. But Qarish is more fascinated to her looks. She’s very pretty, and her beautiful eyes are watery, as wet as her cute cheeks. She had some scratches at her left cheek. ‘Hi!’ they greet and smiled each other. ‘I’ll show you the views outside’. Farah said slowly. She moves her webcam to the window, and that night, Qarish saw the most unpleasant views on his lifetime. Smokes are everywhere, Buildings are crumbling down, and he could see some soldiers and people running everywhere. He even heard screams and gunshots He couldn’t type a word then. Farah type ‘Help us will you? Please do prayers to us, for our safety, for Muslims’ safety? I beg you. We need your prayers.’ she cried. Qarish cried as well, he couldn’t help out a lot but prayers. Just as soon as he reached for the keyboard to reply, He saw someone, he pulled Farah away from the computer, and the connection was lost! Qarish was speechless. He cried, he screamed, he trembled, and he was flabbergasted. ‘Farah!?’

And he cried. He couldn’t contact Farah from that day. But he kept praying for them. He’d decide that he should help out, no matter what.


10 years later..

Farah : BUZZ!

Qarish : !

Farah : Long time no heard from you. hi.

Qarish : FARAH!?YOU’RE OKAY! WHAT HAPPENED LAST 10 YEARS!?WHERE ARE YOU!?

Farah : Sorry I couldn’t contact you, I just bought a new laptop, my house got blown last decade, and the computer got crushed.

Qarish : And you!?

Farah : Wounded. I lost my left arm. But I survived though, a neighbor saved me. Sorry I’m quite slow at typing now since I’m using only one hand;p

Qarish : Where are you right now!?

Farah : I’m at a refugee camp called Bayt Jibrin. I’m a helping outJ

Qarish : Fate

Farah : Sorry?

Qarish : Because I’m seeing someone

Farah : Wait! Where are you!?

Qarish : ….So you’re a one handed girl with a laptop in black at the Bayt Jibrin camp huh?

Farah : Don’t tell me..how’d you know I’m wearing black?

Qarish : Tell me something Farah, If the girl I’m watching right now is you..

Farah : !

Qarish : will you marry me?

Qarish and Farah met each other. He had become a doctor there, not only to find Farah, but to save lives..and they got married. God bless

Inspired from a true scenario on 2006. Al Fatihah to those who deceased in Palestine. Help

4 Response to "3 Nights in Palestine"

  1. PAJID says:
    9:08 AM

    y did they get married in d end. ciss~~

  2. SMANF says:
    11:09 PM

    ..jgn jelez kak..
    tkdir aku buat cite ni ending gitu..
    lalala..
    ('.')

  3. PAJID says:
    9:28 AM

    tak cukup unsur tragik.

  4. jannah says:
    2:07 AM

    cedey dah le~